Happy Birthday Tiger Shroff: Watch dance performances from his 5 best films
Heropanti, Baaghi, Flying Jatt and War! On Tiger Shroff's birthday, Asiaville five dance numbers that have defined the actor's career
Happy birthday, Tiger Shroff! The Bollywood actor, known for his stellar dance and action performances, turned 31 on Tuesday and celebrated the night with his rumoured girlfriend, actress Disha Patani. The duo, who've not confirmed reports about their speculated relationship but have often made public appearances together, were spotted dining at a restaurant in Bandra Kurla Complex. Tiger Shroff's mom Ayesha was also pictured with the rumoured couple exiting the complex.
On his birthday, Asiaville five dance numbers that have defined the actor's career
1) Heropanti: Tiger Shroff made his debut in Bollywood in the 2014-released Heropanti, along with starlet Kriti Sanon. The film was a hit among young fans who admired Shroff's flexibility as he pulled off stellar dance moves. The song Whistle Baja soon became the ringtones of phones across the country with Shroff's moonwalks and hip hop movements winning hearts. The original video has over 34 million views on Youtube.
Watch the performance:
2) Baaghi. After two years of gap following his debut, Tiger was seen in Baaghi. The action thriller film later became a series with two sequels but part 1 was the runaway hit that introduced Shroff as an action star. The song Cham Cham was the biggest in the film and has over 800 million views on YouTube. While Shraddha Kapoor is the star of the song, Shroff makes an appearance towards the end and brings his charisma to the energetic dance number.
Watch the dance number:
3) A Flying Jatt The 2016 Indian Hindi-language Superhero Action Comedy Film directed by Remo D'Souza featured Tiger Shroff, Jacqueline Fernandez and Nathan Jones in the lead roles. The film wasn't a box office hit like his other works but the film has its own small fan club that believes the superhero action-comedy genre was misunderstood by the majority in the country. The biggest takeaway from the film was undoubtedly the romantic dance number with Shroff and Fernandez dancing to Atif Aslam's music.
Watch the video:
4) Baaghi 2: The film united the rumoured couple Patani and Shroff in an action thriller. The plot itself wasn't anything fresh - When Neha's three-year-old daughter, Rhea, is kidnapped, she calls Ronny, her former boyfriend who is now an Indian army soldier. He remembers the promise he made to her and agrees to save Rhea. But with Patani and Shroff on the screen, can a dance number be far behind? Mundaiyan was EVERYTHING the fans could have hoped for.
Watch the video:
5) War: When Tiger Shroff shot to fame, he was often compared to Hrithik Roshan for their similarities. Both have famous fathers in the industry, both have an exceptional physique and both are brilliant dancers. So in War, director Siddharth Anand, put both together. The plot helps too -- Kabir, a secret agent, goes rogue after a mission to catch a terrorist goes awry. However, his boss sends Khalid, another agent and his student, to track him down. It is literally Roshan v Shroff in the film, and the song Jai Jai Shivshankar is in some ways a dance face-off.
Watch the dance video: